The Scholar’s Studio for Grades 5 – 12 facilitates :
- Scientific Temperament: An attitude of learning, understanding , comprehending and scientific analysis will enable learners to excel in Sciences , Mathematics and allied disciplines
- Critical Thinking: An ability to think critically will enable learners to have a strong fundamental base in basic as well as applied sciences
- Inquiry Based Learning: The ability to ask relevant questions will help learners in entering any field in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Technology and allied fields
- Knowledge Construction: The proficiency to understand the difference between information, content, knowledge, and wisdom is facilitated through the Scholar’s Studio
- Analytical Reasoning: Analytical reasoning prepares learners to perform well in competitive exams as well as research oriented interests
How do we facilitate the Scholar’s Studio?
The child is engaged in constructing their own knowledge via Science, Technology, Mathematics, Arts and Language, Literature, Global Culture and Engineering Studios.
Learners are curious and the teacher facilitates them in investigation of questions. The learner and the facilitator engage in complicated conversations through interpreting and understanding the learner’s work.
Learners take responsibility for inquiry and self directed learning. The facilitators support the learner in understanding themselves, their capabilities, interests and potential.
Learners tales responsibility of their own learning with interdisciplinary approaches including Science, Mathematics, Art, Language, Global Studies etc. Facilitator provides continuous feedback to help learner reach expert performance.
Learners are supported in focusing on developing their own approach of ‘Learning to Learn’ where their prior knowledge is valued allowing them to be creative, identify their passion, construct personal meaning and expertise.