Recommended reading/viewing for Parents
Many educators and parents have found J.Krishnamurti’s insight into the human condition and the nature of learning especially relevant to the education of children. For them and for others who wish to live sanely and wisely in a world of growing confusion, and who wish their children to do the same, these books will be a valued addition to their understanding.
J Krishnamurti Online (http://www.jkrishnamurti.org) is the official repository of the authentic teachings of J. Krishnamurti.
J Krishnamurti official Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/KFoundation
J Krishnamurti Online: http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teachings/video.php
The Krishnamurti Video Collection: https://kfoundation.org/video
Krishnamurti Audios: http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teachings/audio.php
Krishnamurti Foundation India online Bookstore.
Education and the Significance of Life – J. Krishnamurti
- Education and the Significance of Life is a penetrating inquiry into the nature and requirements of the kind of education which can lead to self-fulfillment and to world peace.
Why Are You Being Educated?
- Consists of six talks that Krishnamurti gave at Indian universities and the Indian Institutes of Technology between the years 1969 and 1984. Krishnamurti’s chief concern here is to awaken students to the fact that the pursuit of knowledge does not liberate man from his fundamental ignorance of himself. While knowledge is indispensable, it also creates the illusion that we have the intelligence to meet the challenges of life, and this makes us neglect the vast and subtle field of the human psyche.
Krishnamurti On Education – J. Krishnamurti
- How can one bring about a good mind, a mind that sees all these co-relation’s, not only at the superficial level but a mind that can penetrate inwardly? It seems to me that…
School Without Fear
- The dialogues in this book are being published sixty years after Krishnamurti held them at the Rajghat Besant School, which he had founded on the banks of the Ganges in the early 1930s. From December 1954 to February 1955, he stayed on the campus and talked to the teachers and parents. ranging from articulation his most sublime vision of life to thrashing out the practicalities of running a boarding school, he covers every conceivable aspect of education.
- Collected from talks Krishnamurti gave to his students in India, Life Ahead offers short chapters based around life’s fundamental questions.
A Flame of Learning – J. Krishnamurti
- Frankly and directly, he explores the new teacher’s relationship with the school, with his colleagues, and especially with students, questioning the nature of freedom and authority, the source of fear and violence, and the possibility of awakening intelligence and sensitivity to order.
Insights Into Education – J. Krishnamurti
- Insights into Education presents the educational philosophy of J. Krishnamurti in an easy to use, topic-based format. It is a practical handbook that comes alive when used as an introduction to group investigation and dialogue. What it offers to teachers everywhere is an inroad into the many matters of concern with which they are faced on a daily basis. That we cannot continue as we have been doing, with rote-learning, fact-finding, and a modicum of analysis as the building blocks of education, is obvious to anyone who is at all concerned with teaching and learning in a world with accelerating technological advancement, alienation, and despair. It is these very issues that are tackled here, sometimes implicitly but always at depth.
Letters to the Schools Vol. 1
- Why are we being educated? Perhaps you never ask this question, but if you do, what is your response to it? Many reasons are put forward for the necessity of being educated…
Letters to the Schools Vol. 2
- We seem to think that education stops when we leave school or college. We don’t seem to treat the whole of human existence as a process of self -education which is constant…
Beginnings of Learning
- So as parents who are concerned, you must be committed utterly and completely to seeing that your children are not caught in the trap: therefore you will bring about different…
Awakening of Intelligence
- K: Is there such a thing as education or are our children going to be exactly as we are? You know, I believe, I was told, Socrates, in Athens, complained about the youth…